Sunday, June 3, 2012

As the weeks count down...

When people go through the motion everyday, it just makes life not interesting an exciting.
Similarly, when i decided to take the Diploma in Outdoor & Adventure Learning, I decided this is how my life would be.

Full of Risk
Full of Reward
Full of Adventure
Full of Inspiration

Without these, how do you measure how you lead a fulfilling life???

When we take a look how so many different athletes in the world do what they do, they just inspires me to find that place in my heart that just shouts "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE DOING, EVERYDAY"

Being a gear junkie, I personally visit most outdoor brand's FB page. But what really set it apart was the deep thought that was in Steph Davis's Mind when she attempted this big project and shared about her life story.
Video Link: http://vimeo.com/43085682
Its 20 mins, but it was the first 10 that got me to the next 10 mins.

Back to reality vs personal goals.

Living in such a "corrupt" country where certain decisions in life have already been decided for you, it sucks.
Hearing friends after friends talk about their choices and life path for the next 10 years really sickens me.
With 2 years of NS for guys, locals fighting for places in local Universities and the insane amount of money required just for a young adult to survive in SG. Plus, when the traditional mindset of family hits you hard, it just makes it all the more confusing.

Classic SG route: Finish Poly/JC - NS - UNI/WORK - WORK - GF - MARRIED - HDB Flat/Car - WORK - WORK - WORK till you get your pension fee - RETIRE.

There is no point in life if thats the case. I mean where's the meaning of living your life to the fullest? Live UnBound. Restrictions here there everywhere in the country.

Choosing to live life the fullest and achieving what you want is ALL that matters!!!!
Living each day like its your last makes it all worthwhile to achieve something everyday makes you feel so much better. For me yesterday, I went to church, went to support her and all, make sure everything is alright, planned out plans and accompanied her grocery shopping & home. But this one instance when I helped an old expat at the train station to the right directional train to his destination and talked to him. He was grateful to this small favor I did for him and his 'thank you' made my day all the more fulfilling.

I ain't no preacher, motivational speaker, life/success coach, role model, inspiration to anyone.
I'm just trying to make sense to everyone.

"It's about Survival of the Fittest". Yes, in the business world.
Outrageously NO to me to LIFE.

Living It Fulfilling Everyday! 

The Happy Man taught me that yesterday & 67 year old grandmother inspired to discover life as she is still discovering hers.

To end, Your purpose in life is not to please others. Please Yourself By Living it to the Fullest. Don't Let Yourself Down. Don't care about others yet.




This lady just taught me about hanging on to things that hold dear to us.

________________________________________________________________________
Note to Her:
Whether its possible between us, its up to us. But what sets everything apart is our willingness to live Unbound by the things that holds us down.
Like what my teachers always say " Leaders don't give problems, Leaders give Solutions "

Time to prove the world wrong about living your dreams*!
** except for the dream for all guys to be an astronaut:)

Till Next Week, May your Week Start & End with an Adventure of Your Own. 
TUB

No comments:

Post a Comment